1. ROLL CALL: was answered by Village President Bob Brunner; Trustees Steve Anderson, Bill Walker, Peggy Russo, David Fritz, and Kurt Glaisner. Trustee Peter Kingwill was absent. Also present were Chris Lear, Village Manager; Todd Cowie, Police Chief; and Bill Dineen, Village Attorney.
2. THE AGENDA: Motion by Anderson/Russo to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
3. VILLAGE BOARD MINUTES OF November 18, 2015: Motion by Fritz/Glaisner to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
4. VOUCHER LIST: Trustee Anderson questioned Deer Processing Cost. Motion by Anderson/Walker to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
5. REPORT BY VILLAGE PRESIDENT: President Brunner thanked Trustees for their service in 2015.
6. REPORT OF VILLAGE MANAGER:
A. FINANCIAL REPORT FOR 12 MONTHS ENDED DECEMBER 31, 2015
i. Manager Lear asks board about possibility of Village Credit Card. Dineen suggest written policy about usage.
ii. Manager Lear discusses new phone service and possibility of pre-recorded message with redirect options
iii. Manage Lear informs board why revenues for 2015 are over, but there are updates that need to be made by Village Accountant Marc DeVries who will attend March meeting.
B. POLICE DEPARTMENT REPORT
i. Chief Cowie gives updates of the OWI taskforce for the past three months.
ii. Chief Cowie informs board of the Booze & Belts program for Dec and Jan with a list of pullovers
iii. Trustee Anderson questions if we have a high speed chase policy and how common is it.
iv. Trustee Russo inquires about the local thefts in the area and if the Police Department is getting updates from local municipalities.
7. PUBLIC COMMENTS ON MATTERS OTHER THAN AGENDA ITEMS: None.
8. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS: Manager Lear suggests March Board meeting date be changed due to a number of Trustees being out of town during that date. President Brunner suggests that the Trustees and Manager Lear coordinate a different time that will fit everyone’s schedules.
9. DISCUSSION/ACTION ON RECOMMENDATION FROM THE COMMITTEE ON THE ENVIRONMENT REQUESTING A MORE FORMAL PROTOCOL ENFORCEMENT OF SECTION 2.4 OF THE CODE OF ORDINANCES, THE PRIMARY ENVIRONMENTAL CORRIDOR CONSERVANCY DISTRICT: Resident Larry Boyer (COE representative) spoke about why this issue has come about and possible procedures or protocol that could be put into place in order for this to not occur again. Motion by Russo/Fritz that Manager Lear and the COE create a pamphlet and procedure document for March Board Meeting approval.
10. DISCUSSION/ACTION DEBT SCHEDULE – TRUSTEE STEVE ANDERSON: Trustee Anderson explains new spreadsheet showing the debt schedule for the next ten years and how it will be substantially going down by 2020.
11. DISCUSSION/ACTION RESOLUTION NO. 2016-01 COMBINING WARDS FOR THE APRIL 5, 2016 SPRING ELECTION: Motion by Walker/Anderson to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
12. DISCUSSION/ACTION RESOLUTION NO 2016-02 APPROVING THE NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT FEES FOR SERVICE SCHEDULE: Motion carries by Fritz/Russo to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
13. DISCUSSION/ACTION RESOLUTION NO. 2016-03 TO WITHDRAW FROM THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT PROPERTY INSURANCE FUND AND APPROVE EMC INSURANCE AS THEIR SUCCESSOR PROVIDOR OF VILLAGE PROPERTY INSURANCE: Motion by Walker/Fritz to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
14. DISCUSSION/ACTION ARBOR DAY PROCLAMATION: Motion by Walker/Fritz to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
15. DISCUSSION/ACTION RECOGNITION OF JOHN M. FREDRICKSON – PRESIDENT BRUNNER: President Brunner explains why he feels the Village should buy a tree in the Village Memorial Tree Area for former Village Manager John Fredrickson. Motion by Fritz/Russo to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
16. DISCUSSION/ACTION NORTH SHORE LIBRARY PURCHASE OF CURRENTLY LEASED SPACE: Trustee Glaisner states no updates on Library Lease. Awaiting closing of Property.
17. CLOSED SESSION PURSUANT TO SEC. 19.85 (1)(c) WI STATUTES TO CONSIDER EMPLOYMENT, PROMOTION, COMPENSATION OR PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF ANY PUBLIC EMPLOYEE OVER WHICH THE GOVERNMENTAL BODY HAS JURISDICTION: Motion by Walker/Fritz to move to closed session. Motion carried unanimously.
18. RECONVENE TO OPEN SESSION TO TAKE ACTION ON CLOSED SESSION TOPICS: Motion by Walker/Fritz to reconvene to open session and direct the Village Manager to proceed as directed. Motion carried unanimously.
19. ADJOURNMENT: Motion by Anderson/Walker to approve. Motion carried unanimously at 8:45 p.m.
Respectfully Submitted by,
Stephanie Janz, Deputy Clerk/Treasurer