Wednesday, March 16, 2016 7:00 Pm
1. ROLL CALL : was answered by Village President Bob Brunner; Trustees Peggy Russo. David Fritz, Kurt Glaisner, and Peter Kingwill. Trustees Steve Anderson & Bill Walker were absent. Also present were Chris Lear, Village Manager; Kurt Fredrickson, DPW Superintendent; Todd Cowie, Police Chief; and Bill Dineen, Village Attorney.
2. THE AGENDA: Motion by Kingwill/Fritz to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
3. VILLAGE BOARD MINUTES OF JANUARY 20 AND FEBRUARY 12, 2016: Motion by Fritz/Glaisner to amend minutes to the January 20th minutes due to spelling error and correction by Dineen.
4. PRESENTATION BY SUPERINTENDENT ROBERT KOBYLSKI, NICOLET SCHOOL DISTRICT: Principal Greg Kabara was present to inform the board of what the Nicolet referendum in the upcoming election all involves – $3.15 million for 6 years & $7 per $100,000 home value increase in taxes. If not passed there could possibly be a 15% cut of operating staff.
5. DISCUSSION/ACTION NORTH SHORE HEALTH DEPARTMENT INSPECTION FEE INCREASE AND ANNUAL REPORT BY DIRECTOR/HEALTH OFFICER ANN CHRISTIANSON: Ann Christianson informs board in detail of the 4% increase, why the increase is needed, and who it will affect. Trustee Glaisner had questions regarding $94,194 in expenditures for supplies & travel in the budget. Motion by Fritz/Kingwill to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
6. PROCLAMATION DECLARATION: MAY 21ST NORTH SHORE LIBRARY DAY: Trustee Glaisner informs board of the May 21st event for the 30th birthday of the North Shore Library. Motion by Fritz/Russo to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
7. VOUCHER LIST: Motion by Kingwill/Fritz to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
8. REPORT BY VILLAGE PRESIDENT
a. Receive Thank You Note from John Fredrickson Family: Kurt Fredrickson expressed gratitude of his family for the donation by the board to purchase a tree in the Village Memorial Tree Area to honor his father, John Fredrickson.
9. REPORT OF VILLAGE MANAGER/CLERK/TREASURER
A. FINANCIAL REPORT FOR 12 MONTHS ENDED DECEMBER 31, 2015: Manager Lear discusses why there were overage and underage’s in the revenue and expenses for the fiscal year 2015. Accountant Marc DeVries answered any questions the board had and informs the board that the 2015 audit is going very well and will be completed soon.
B. POLICE DEPARTMENT REPORT: Police Chief Cowie explains new formatting of the monthly reports.
1.) DISCUSSION/ACTION ON CREDIT CARD POLICY: Police Chief Cowie explains the policy that he created.
10. PUBLIC COMMENTS ON MATTERS OTHER THAN AGENDA ITEMS: none.
11. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS: Trustee Russo suggests that a special pickup flyers or signs should be sent to the residents to inform them of the Spring clean up day at the Village Hall in April.
12. DISCUSSION/ACTION ON SEWER REHABILITAION PROJECT BIDS: Village Engineer Mustafa Emir recommended Visu-Sewer, Inc. be awarded the 2016 Sewer Rehabilitation Project in the amount of $99,326.50. Motion by Fritz/Russo to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
13. DISCUSSION/ACTION ON 2016 STREET PAVING BIDS: Village Engineer Mustafa Emir recommended that Payne and Dolan, Inc. be awarded the 2016 Roadway, Recycling and Paving contract in the amount of $238,893.75. Motion by Fritz/Kingwill to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
14. DISCUSSION/ACTION ON DPW EQUIPMENT PURCHASES: DPW Superintendent Fredrickson explains to the board the three purchases (2001 GMC Top Kick – chassis only for $69,598.00; 2016 Dodge 5500 4×4 chassis – approx.. price estimate $37,000 plus shipping; Toro Z-Master 7000 Lawn Mower for $11,807.65) needing approval for purchase. Motion by Fritz/Kingwill to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
15. DISCUSSION ON 2015-16 DEER PROGRAM UPDATE: DPW Superintendent Fredrickson explains in detail the number of deer that were reported trapped, killed by bow, and killed by car, and other means in 2015.
16. DISCUSSION/ACTION ON RECOMMENDATION FROM THE COMMITTEE ON THE ENVIRONMENT REQUESTING A MORE FORMAL PROTOCOL ENFORCEMENT OF SECTION 2.40 OF THE CODE OF ORDINANCES, THE PRIMARY ENVIRONMENTAL CORRIDOR CONSERVANCY DISTRICT: Resident/COE representative Larry Boyer explains new changes to the letter and handout to be distributed to the residents along water front properties. Trustee Fritz suggests getting input from the Building Board. Trustee Kingwill suggests possibly going back to distributing a new resident packet as a way to inform new residents of what they can and cannot do. Motion by Russo/Kingwill to approve the letter, guidelines and enforcement policy presented by the Village Manager. Motion carried unanimously.
17. DISCUSSION REGARDING “5 REASONS TO MOVE TO RIVER HILLS” BROCHURE: Motion by Russo/Fritz to carryover topic to May board meeting. Motion carried unanimously.
18. DISCUSSION REGARDING REQUEST FOR A STOP SIGN EAST BOUND ON W. LARKSPUR LANE AND N. SPRUCE ROAD: Manager Lear informs board there was a complaint and near close accident at this intersection. Trustee Glaisner suggests the Manager Lear send out a letter to the residents in the area vicinity of the intersection to see what their opinion on a stop sign would be. DPW Superintendent Fredrickson will also speak to the resident at the intersection about possibly trimming their bushes to make the intersection more visible.
19. DISCUSSION/ACTION 2016 COMMISSION, COMMITTEE AND BOARD APPOINTMENTS: Motion by Brunner/Russo to approve appointment of Raymond Juehring to the Building Board, and to reappoint select persons on the list presented by the Village Manager. Motion carried unanimously.
20. DISCUSSION/ACTION REGARDING A REPRESENTATIVE TO THE NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Motion by Fritz/Russo to approve Resolution No. 2016-04 approving the appointment of Trustee Peter Kingwill as the North Shore Fire Department Representative. Motion carried unanimously.
21. APPROVAL OF RESOLUTION NO. 2016-05 AND THE APPLICATION TO APPLY FOR A STATE TRUST FUND LOAN OF $519,293 FINANCING 2016 CAPITAL PROJECTS: Motion by Brunner/Kingwill to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
22. DISCUSSION/ACTION ENFORCEMENT OF SECTION 2.40 REGARDING ERROSION CONTROL AT 1777 W. BRADLEY ROAD: Motion by Kingwill/Russo to move topic to closed session. Motion carried unanimously.
23. DISCUSSION/ACTION MUTUAL SERVICES AID AGREEMENT WITH FOX POINT Motion by Kingwill/Russo to move topic to closed session. Motion carried unanimously
24. CLOSED SESSION PURSUANT TO SEC. 19.85(1) (e) WI STATUTES, DELIBERATING OR NEGOTIATING PUBLIC BUSINESS WHENEVER COMPETITIVE OR BARGAINING REASONS REQUIRE A CLOSED SESSION RELATED TO AGENDA ITEM 23 AND PURSUANT TO SEC. 19.85(1) (g) WISCONSIN STATUES TO CONFER WITH LEGAL COUNSEL FOR ADVICE CONCERNING STRATEGY WITH RESPECT TO ENFORCEMENT ACTION/LITIGATION WHICH IT MAY BECOME INVOLVED RELATED TO AGENDA ITEM 22.
25. RECONVENE TO OPEN SESSION TO TAKE ACTION ON CLOSED SESSION TOPICS Motion by Fritz/Kingwill to direct Manager Lear to proceed as directed regarding agenda item 23, as directed in closed session. No action was taken on item 22. Motion carried unanimously.
26. ADJOURNMENT Motion by Fritz/Kingwill to adjourn. Motion carried unanimously. The meeting adjourned at 9:18 p.m.
Stephanie Janz, Deputy Clerk/Treasurer