Section 3.10. ENFORCEMENT. This ordinance shall be enforced in accordance with the applicable provisions of the Wisconsin Statutes and this Section.
(1) Applicable Court Procedures. Except where otherwise specifically provided by the laws of the State of Wisconsin or this code, the traffic regulations in this code shall be enforced in the Municipal Court of the Village of River Hills in accordance with the provisions of the Wisconsin Statutes.
[a] Uniform citation and complaint. The Wisconsin Uniform Traffic Citation and Complaint described and defined in the Wisconsin Statutes shall be used for enforcement of all provisions in Chapter 340 and 348 of the Wisconsin Statutes adopted by reference in this code.
[b] Uniform Municipal Citations. The Uniform Municipal Citation shall be used for enforcement of provisions of this code when use of the Uniform Traffic Citation and Complaint is not required by paragraph 2[a] of this Section. A citation issued for violation of the parking regulations set forth in Section 3.06 of this code shall contain or have attached to the citation a notice that the forfeiture for violation of the parking regulations may be discharged by complying with Sub. 3[b] of this Section.
(3) Deposits and Stipulations.
[a] Uniform Traffic Offenses. (1) Persons arrested or issued a citation for violation of traffic offenses in Chapters 340 to 348 of the Wisconsin Statutes adopted by reference in this code shall be permitted to make deposits and stipulations of no contest or released by the arresting officer in accordance with the applicable provisions of the Wisconsin Statutes.
(1) The deposit and stipulations shall be delivered or mailed to the office of the Police Department.
(2) The official or person receiving the deposit shall furnish and deliver or mail an original receipt for such deposit to the alleged violator and shall deliver the deposit and stipulation, and a copy of the receipt within seven (7) days to the Municipal Court.
[b] Parking Violations.
(1) Persons cited for violation of the parking regulations described in Section 3.06 of this code may discharge the penalty thereof and avoid court prosecution by forwarding within ten (10) days of the issuance of the parking citation to the Police Department, the minimum penalty specified for the violation. If not so forwarded, the penalty may be discharged by forwarding within twenty (20) days of the date of the citation to the above-named office twice the minimum penalty. When payment is made as provided in this paragraph, no court costs shall be assessed.
(2) If the alleged violator does not deliver or mail a deposit as provided in sub. 1, within twenty (20) days of the date of the citation, the alleged violator is subject to prosecution pursuant to law.
(3) Officers receiving deposits for non-moving traffic violations under this subsection shall pay over such deposits to the Village Treasurer within seven (7) days of receipt. Such payment shall be accompanied by an itemized statement for each deposit, stating the offense charged and the name of the person who made the deposit.