SECTION 5.02. Definitions. For the purposes of this ordinance:
(1) “Bi-metal container” means a container for carbonated or malt beverages that is made primarily of a combination of steel and aluminum.
(2) “Collector” means the person or persons specifically authorized by the Village Board to collect garbage, rubbish, yard refuse, recyclable materials and dispose of same.
(3) “Container board” means corrugated paperboard used in the manufacture of shipping containers and related products.
(4) “Foam polystyrene packaging” means packaging made primarily from foam polystyrene that satisfies one of the following criteria:
[a] Is designed for serving food or beverages.
[b] Consists of loose particles intended to fill space and cushion the packaged article in a shipping container.
[c] Consists of rigid materials shaped to hold and cushion the packaged article in a shipping container.
(5) “HDPE” means high density polyethylene, labeled by the SPI code #2.
(6) “LDPE” means low density polyethylene, labeled by SPI code #4.
(7) “Magazines” means magazines and other materials printed on similar paper.
(8) “Major appliance” means a residential or commercial air conditioner, clothes dryer, clothes washer, dishwasher, freezer, microwave oven, oven, refrigerator, furnace, boiler, dehumidifier, water heater or stove.
(9) “Newspaper” means a newspaper and other materials printed on newsprint.
(10) “Non-residential facilities and properties” means all facilities and properties other than residential dwellings.
(11) “Office paper” means high grade printing and writing papers from offices in non-residential facilities and properties. Printed white ledger and computer printout are examples of office paper generally accepted as high grade. This term does not include industrial process waste.
(12) “Other resins or multiple resins” means plastic resins labeled by the SPI code #7.
(13) “Person” includes any individual, corporation, partnership, association, local governmental unit, as defined in Sec. 66.299(1)(a), Wis. Stats., state agency or authority or federal agency.
(14) “PETE” means polyethylene terephthalate, labeled by the SPI code #1.
(15) “Plastic container” means an individual, separate, rigid plastic bottle, can, jar or carton, except for a blister pack that is originally used to contain a product that is the subject of a retail sale.
(16) “Postconsumer waste” means solid waste other than solid waste generated in the production of goods, hazardous waste, as defined in Sec. 144.61 (5), Wis. Stats., waste from construction and demolition of structures, scrap automobiles, or high-volume industrial waste, as defined in Sec. 144.44(7)(a)l., Wis. Stats.
(17) “PP” means polypropylene, labeled by the SPI code #5.
(18) “PS” means polystyrene, labeled by the SPI code #6.
(19) “PVC” means polyvinyl chloride, labeled by the SPI code
(20) “Recycling Container” means the container designated by the Village or the Collector for the purpose of placing recyclable materials for collection.
(21) “Recyclable materials” includes lead acid batteries; major appliances’ waste oil; yard waste; aluminum containers; corrugated paper or other container board; foam polystyrene packaging; glass containers; magazines; newspaper; office paper; rigid plastic containers, including those made of PETE, HDPE, PVC, LDPE, PP, PS, and other resins or multiple resins; steel containers; waste tires; and bi-metal containers.
(22) “Solid waste” has the meaning specified in Sec. 144.01(15), Wis. Stats.
(23) “Solid waste facility” has the meaning specified in Sec. 144.43(5), Wis. Stats.
(24) “Solid waste treatment” means any method, technique or process which is designed to change the physical, chemical or biological character or composition or solid waste. “Treatment” includes incineration.
(25) “Village” means Village of River Hills.
(26) “Waste tire” means a tire that is no longer suitable for its original purpose because or wear, damage or defect.
(27) “Yard refuse” means leaves, grass clippings, yard and garden debris and brush, including clean woody vegetative material no greater than six (6) inches in diameter. This term does not include stumps, roots or shrubs with intact root balls.