Members present: Tony Enea (Chairman), Susan Muggli, Steve Simon, Ray Juehring, Inge Plautz, Vic Harding, and Chris Meisel.
1. Approval of minutes from the April 17, 2017 meeting:
Motion by Juehring/Muggli to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
2. Discussion/action on installation of a shed at the Hampel residence, 835 W Green Tree Rd. Variance has already been granted by the Board of Appeals on April 19, 2017.
- Homeowner Brad Hampel present
- 24’ x 28’ wood frame shed with concrete floor
- Marvin double hung windows
- 12,12 roof pitch to match style of existing home
- 12” board and batten siding – color rockwood red
- 36” pro-rib galvanized steel roofing – color to remain unfinished
- Ideal garage door – color rockwood red
- Solid wood entry door – color natural finish
- Custom made galvanized gooseneck light fixtures
Motion by Muggli/Juehring to approve as submitted. Motion carried unanimously.
3. Discussion/action on installation of new siding, windows, garage doors, doors, and new deck at the Wilson residence, 7275 N River Rd.
- Homeowner Todd Wilson, Contractors Michael Dindorf and Steve Linder present
- 25” hardi plank siding – color raccoon hollow
- LP smartside trim – color Williamsburg
- LP smartside sofit and facia – color affinity
- Marvin Ultimate double hung windows – sizes to be the same as existing
- Marvin Ultex sliding patio door
- Pella six panel glass colonial wood entry door – color Kona
- CHI carriage overlay cedar garage door – no windows, color – Kona
- Brickyard Supply brick belt – color providence qs – closest to matching brick on existing home
- Limestone cap on brick belt
- Azek composite decking and railing – color Kona
- Wrought iron carriage house lights to match those on existing home
Motion by Harding/Plautz to approve the spreadsheet listing the materials subject to plans being resubmitted to match the spreadsheet (windows and garage door). Motion passed – 6 votes yes, 1 vote no.
4. Discussion/action on installatio of new garage at the Pyles residence, 8500 N Green Bay Ct. Item was a holdover from the April 17, 2017 meeting due to variance issues and design suggestions.
- Homeowner Robert Pyles and Architect Matt Soiney present
- 36’ x 75’ wood frame garage
- Roofing to match existing home – cedar shake
- Siding to match existing home – wood painted white
- Marvin double hung windows
Motion by Simon/Plautz to approve the drawings with the open arch walkway with the stipulation of return to clarify garage doors, sofit, facia, and shutters. As well as updating the plan to reflect incorrect items (windows, garage doors, and shutters). Motion carried unanimously.
5. Discussion on possible approval of concept of home at the Fischer (Kobylinski) property, 2205 W Dean Rd.
Potential property owner Brian & Kristin Kobylinski and architect Steven Bruns wanted to know of any building restrictions and personal opinions on what style of home would be appropriate for the village.
6. Additional comments from the public
- Current update on the projects at 1401 W Brown Deer Rd – Chris Lear has not heard any update or received a submittal from the homeowner. He will try to make contact to get an update.
- Harvey Meisel will be stepping down from his position on the board effective immediately