SECTION 7.0200 GENERAL PROVISIONS
The jurisdiction of this Ordinance shall apply to all structures, lands, water, air, and air space within the corporate limits of the Village of River Hills.
No structure, land, or water shall hereafter be used, and no structure or part of a structure shall hereafter be located, erected, moved, reconstructed, extended, enlarged, converted, or structurally altered except in conformity with the regulations herein specified for the district in which it is located.
7.0203 MUNICIPALITIES AND STATE AGENCIES REGULATED
Unless specifically exempted by law all governmental bodies, including but not limited to cities, villages, towns, counties, the state and federal government, are required to comply with this Ordinance and obtain all required permits.
7.0204 USE RESTRICTIONS
The following use restrictions and regulations shall apply:
- Principal and Accessory Uses: Only those principal uses specified for a district and accessory uses thereto, and the following uses shall be permitted in that district. Accessory uses and structures are permitted in any district, but not until their principal structure is present or under construction. Residential accessory uses shall not involve the conduct of any business, trade, or industry.
- Special Uses and their accessory uses are uses authorized by a Special Use Permit as defined in Section 7.1300 and require review by the Village Plan Commission, public hearing, and approval by the Village Board.
- Helicopter Landing Pads and the takeoff and landing of helicopters are prohibited in all zoning districts, except for forced or emergency landings or landings to render assistance or transport for medical purposes.
- Temporary Uses, such as shelters for materials and equipment being used in the construction of a permanent structure may be permitted for a period of up to one year by the Village Building Inspector. Temporary use permits may be renewed if the Building Board deems such renewal appropriate.
7.0205 SITE RESTRICTIONS
- All Lots shall have access to a public or private street.
- All Principal Structures shall be located on a lot; and only one principal structure shall be located, erected, or moved onto a lot.
- To allow occupancy of an existing dwelling structure during construction of a new dwelling on the same lot with conditions. (Ord# 507, 11/19/08)
7.0206 REDUCTION OR JOINT USE
No lot, yard, parking area, building area, or other space shall be reduced in area or dimension so as not to meet the provisions of this Ordinance. No part of any lot, yard, parking area, or other space required for a structure or use shall be used for any other structure or use.
It is not intended by this ordinance to interfere with, abrogate, or annul any existing easements, covenants or agreements between parties, nor is it intended by this ordinance to repeal, abrogate, annul, or in any way to impair or interfere with any existing provisions of law, ordinances, rules, regulations, or permits previously adopted or issued, or which shall be adopted or issued pursuant to law, relating to the use, occupancy and location of buildings or premises; provided, however, that where the provisions of this Ordinance impose a greater restriction upon the use, occupancy or location of buildings or premises, or require larger open spaces than are imposed or required by such provisions of law or ordinances or by such rules, regulations or permits, the provisions of this ordinance shall control. No provisions of this ordinance shall be construed to bar an action to enjoin or abate a nuisance under the appropriate laws of the State of Wisconsin or other ordinances of this Village.
7.0208 AREA REGULATIONS
Except as otherwise provided in this ordinance, no building or structure shall hereafter be erected, nor shall any existing building or structure be moved, altered, enlarged, or rebuilt, nor any premises be used or occupied, nor shall any open spaces surrounding any building or structure be encroached upon or reduced in any manner, except in conformity with the area regulations of the zone in which such building or structure is located.
7.0209 HEIGHT REGULATIONS
No building or structure shall be erected, nor shall any existing building or structure be moved, reconditioned or structurally altered to exceed 26 feet to the eaves line and 40 feet to the ridge line of the roof or top of chimney. The height of all buildings or structures shall be measured from the first floor line which shall not be located greater than 2 feet above the average finished grade of the front wall of said building or structure.