Members present: Steve Simon (Chairman), Susan Muggli, Chris Meisel, Walt Nielsen, Ray Juehring, and Vic Harding.
1.Approval of minutes from the June 19, 2017 meeting:
Motion by Nielsen/Muggli to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
2. Discussion/action on construction of a metal fence at the Petr residence, 8900 N Upper River Ct.
- Homeowners James Petr present
- Reasoning for fence is to keep neighbors dogs out of yard
- 5 ft tall by 583 ft aluminum picket fence – color black
- Enclosing the whole front of the property
- 6 ft tall by 18 ft wide steel gate at entrance of driveway
Motion by Juehring/Meisel to approve as submitted. Motion carried unanimously.
3. Discussion/action on construction of an outdoor fireplace and installation of lattice fencing at the Brown residence, 1350 W Dean Rd.
- Homeowner Jeffrey Brown & Architect Judith Stark present
- 10 ft wide by 15 ft tall
- Brick veneer to match existing – color red
- Chimney cap style to match that of the house chimney stack
- Lattice fence design on plans to be excluded – resubmission of that portion will be done at another date for approval
Motion by Meisel/Juehring to approve construction of fireplace only. Motion carried unanimously.
4. Discussion/action on replacement of roofing, windows, and dormer siding at the Engelmann residence, 8420 N Pelican Ln.
- Homeowner Jason Engelmann & Contractor Jack Ruelle present
- Architectural Asphalt Shingles – color Estate Gray
- Marvin Ultimate Casement windows with window grills – color pebble grey
- Hardi plank 8” exposure smooth siding on dormers – color cashmere
Motion by Muggli/Meisel to approve as submitted. Motion carried unanimously.
5. Discussion/action on construction of kitchen addition, removal of greenhouse, and replacement of garage roof at the cleaver residence, 1280 W Dean Rd.
- Homeowners Christian Cleaver Architect Chris present
- 2’ addition to the kitchen/breakfast area to square off the structure
- Stonewood Exterior panels on addition – color off white
- Removal of skylight and installation of Da Vinci concrete slate roofing – color gray
- Brick from initial teardown will be used for installation of new wall
- Removal of 12 ft by 12 ft greenhouse
- 40 ft by 41 ft second story addition to garage 6 car garage
- Stonewood Exterior panels – color off white
- CHI recessed combo panel with plain glass on top panel – color almond
- Da Vinici concrete slate roofing – color gray
- Marvin casement windows with small fixed window at the bottom
- Houzz wall lantern fixtures to match existing – color English bronze
- Stonewood 8mm panels to surround windows – color grey nebula
Motion by Meisel/Juehring to approve as submitted with the inclusion of a second story addition to the garage as well as contingent on submittal of garage door cut sheets. Motion carried unanimously.
6. Discussion/action on the construction of an addition and garage at the McGregor residence, 8375 N Range Line Rd.
- Homeowner Katherine McGregor and Architect Meg Baniukiewicz present
- ?? x ?? addition to the family room and mud room
- 45 ft x 26 ft 2 story garage
- Marvin Clad Ultimate Double Hung windows to match existing windows
- Reclaimed slate tiles to match existing roofing
- Dormers on garage to have standing seam copper roofing to match existing
- Cedar shake shingle siding to match existing – color white
- Shutters to match existing – color black
- Gutters, soffit, fascia, and trim to all match existing
- Charleston Collection Carolina Lanterns
- Sound View Thermal Sash and Traditional entry doors – color black
- Marvin clad French doors – color white
- Garage door designs to be submitted at a later date
Motion by Muggli/Harding to approve as submitted excluding the garage door designs. Motion carried unanimously.
7. Discussion/action on construction of a deck at the Karos residence, 1401 W Brown Deer Rd. (Item tabled at the June meeting due to incomplete packet – elevation drawings, and printed photos – and a solution to the esthetics that an engineer would approve.)
- 12 ft x 12 ft pressure treated wood deck
- Railing is untreated cedar
Motion by Meisel/Nielsen to approve design and structure suggestions of the Engineer Adam Roder. Motion carried unanimously.
8. Additional comments from the public: none
9. Discussion/update on previous projects: none
10. Adjourn: 6:15p.m.