The Village Board passed an Ordinance (2.09) allowing for the burning of grass, weeds, brush or other similar materials. Permits are issued upon request by contacting the Police Department. An Officer will respond to your residence to inspect the burn site prior to issuance of a Burning Permit. Burning Permits are free upon request however no one is allowed to burn without a Permit and an inspection by a Police Officer of the burn site and materials to be burned.
- All fires must be at least 100’ away from any structure or building.
- Only one permit for one day shall be issued per premises per calendar week.
- Wind speeds must be 10 miles per hour or less in order for a permit to be issued.
- No building materials are allowed to be burned.
- Fires used for cooking on grills, outdoor fireplaces, or otherwise contained and controlled for cooking purposes are allowed and no Burning Permit is required.
If you have any questions about Burning permits, please contact the Police Department at (414) 247-2302.