Section 31.08. VIOLATIONS AND PENALTIES.
(1) No person shall erect, use, occupy or maintain any one- or two-family dwelling in violation of any provision of this ordinance or the Uniform Dwelling Code or cause to permit any such violation to be committed. Any person violating any of the provisions of the ordinance shall, upon conviction, be subject to a forfeiture of not less than Ten ($10.00) Dollars nor more than Five Hundred ($500.00) Dollars, together with the costs of prosecution; and in default of payment thereof, may be imprisoned for a period of not more than thirty (30) days or until such forfeiture and costs are paid.
(2) If an inspection reveals a noncompliance with this ordinance or the Uniform Dwelling Code, the Building Inspector shall notify the applicant and the owner, in writing, of the violations to be corrected. All cited violations shall be corrected within thirty (30) days after written notification unless an extension of time is granted pursuant to Sec. Ind. 20.10(l)(c) Wisconsin Adm. Code.
(3) If, after written notification, the violation is not corrected within thirty (30) days, a stop-work order may be served on the owner or his or her representative and a copy thereof shall be posted at the construction site. Such stop-work order shall not be removed except by written notice of the Building Inspector after satisfactory evidence has been supplied that the cited violation has been corrected.
(4) Each day each violation continues after the 30-day written notice period has run shall constitute a separate offense. Nothing in this ordinance shall preclude the Village from maintaining any appropriate action to prevent or remove a violation of any provision of this ordinance or the Uniform Dwelling Code.
(5) If any construction or work governed by the provisions of this ordinance or the Uniform Dwelling Code is commenced prior to the issuance of a permit, double fees shall be charged.