1. Call to Order: by Board Chairman Steve Simon at 5:00 p.m.
2. Roll Call: was answered by Board members Susan Muggli, Walt Nielsen, Chris Meisel, Harvey Meisel, and Inge Plautz.
3. The Agenda: motion by Nielsen/Plautz to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
4. Minutes of the May 16, 2016 Meetings: motion by H. Meisel/Nielsen to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
5. Discussion/action on installation of fence to surround pool at the Howard residence, 7860 N Pheasant Ln. Homeowner Julie Howard present. The fence to be installed will be a Genesis black aluminum 4’ in height; 1’ off of the pool which is circular so the fence will be in a squared off pattern; 2 gates will be installed where existing sidewalk lead towards the pool. Motion by C. Meisel/Muggli to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
6. Discussion/action on replacement of driveway light posts at Holy Redeemer Evangelistical Min., 1400 W Spruce Ct. Homeowner Sedgwick Daniels present. Replacement light poles in the driveway are Aston 3 Light Street Lamps; 7ft in height cast aluminum, with brushed antique bronze and copper tones. Motion by H. Meisel/ Inge to approve. Approval – 4 member, disapproval – 1 member C. Meisel.
7. Discussion/action on construction of master bathroom addition at the Dahlman residence, 9470 N Range Line Rd. Architect Donald Strauss present. All siding and roofing will be matched to existing; flood lights and arched window on the south elevation will be reused on south elevation; current south elevation sliding doors will be relocated to the west elevation; new south three section windows to be installed on the south elevation – Marvin casement windows: white to match existing. Motion by Nielsen/Plautz to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
8. Discussion/action on construction of a shed at the Noyes residence, 8216 N Green Bay Rd. Contractor Jeff Burns present. Replacement of existing shed will be larger in size, 16’x 20’ with 4’ overhang. Siding will be Hardi Plank staggered pattern BW6672 color; PVC white trim board; Atlas Castlebrook asphalt shingles – color Heather Blend; Stock Vinyl windows. Motion by C. Meisel/Muggli to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
9. Discussion/action on construction of a pool house at the Abele residence, 1900 W Dean Rd. Architect Steve Auchter present. Building will be 25’ x 19’-8” structure with an 8’ arbor on both the North and South sides of the building, all exterior finished to match the existing look of the home – standing seam copper roof; copper gutters and downspouts; white stucco siding; bluestone pavers; Marvin clad windows; stained cedar arbor. Residents neighbor Timothy Murphy (2000 W Dean Rd) was unable to attend meeting but spoke with Village Manager Lear about his concerns that he will be able to see the pool house in the winter due to it being close to his property line. Motion by H. Meisel/Muggli for approval on contingency that two windows be installed on the back of the building (West side) to match the front of the building and that specification on the light fixtures be provided. Motion carried unanimously.
10. Discussion/action on construction of an accessory pavilion at the Joseph residence, 7725 N River Rd. Architect John Vetter & Homeowner Robert Joseph present. Building will be 95’- 8” x 42’, constructed of perforated weathering steel rain screen panels; shou sugi ban cypress siding; black anodized aluminum windows and break metal flashings; rubber membrane roofing material; bluestone pavers; driveway will consist of a grasscrete paving system; lighting will consist of – wall mounted walk lights, 4” recessed can lights, and directional path lights. Motion by C. Meisel/Muggli to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
11. Discussion/action on reconstruction of garage at the Harmelink residence, 2911 W Bradley Rd. Contractor Jay Bollman & home owner Dale Harmelink present. New garage foot print will be 24’ x 30’, all finishes to match the existing house: overhead garage doors-white; 5” vinyl siding-almond; aluminum soffit, fascia, and door trim-white; dimensional asphalt shingles-twilight black; single hung windows-white; reusing existing lighting fixtures. Motion by C. Meisel/Nielsen to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
12. Discussion/action on resubmission of garage remodel at the Hauske residence, 900 W Bradley Rd. Contractor Scott Stewart present to propose changes from the approved November 16, 2015 board meeting submission include 6’ x 16’ 7” addition to the southeast corner of the garage. Motion by Muggli/Nielsen to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
13. Discussion/action on expansion of the memorial garden at St. Christopher’s church, 7845 N River Rd. Church representative Bill Wernicke present. New blue granite walls will be 62” x 8” x 48” and will replace current in ground granite plaques. Motion by Nielsen/Muggli to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
14. Discussion/action on construction of a single family residence at the Sahajpal residence, 9074 N Range Line Rd. Home Designer Steve Wollerchin and Contractor Pat Hietpas present to propose new construction of an 8,100 sq. ft. home on a 4.79 acre lot. Exterior finishes to include: roofing – CertainTeed Landmark Pro, color Max Def Georgetown Gray; stone – Halquist, color Hamilton Grey; windows – Marvin Integrity casement and awing windows, color Bronze; shakes – James Hardi cement board shake siding, color Smokehouse; siding – LP Smartside Lap Siding emulated cedar, color Virtual Taupe; trim – LP Smartside emulated cedar, color Coastal Fog; garage doors – Madison Overlay Carriage House Doors, color Bronze; entry doors – Marvin, color Bronze; light fixtures – Kichler Salisbury Collection Aluminum, color Rubbed Bronze. Motion by C. Meisel/Plautz to approve as submitted subject to chimney height within village code. Motion carried unanimously.
15. Other items not on the agenda:
• Member Plautz has questions and concerns about the dealing with of individuals who have done projects without approval. Manager Lear explains that all the Village can do is make the property owner come to the Building Board and pay double the fees.
• Member Muggli brings up concern about the excavation of a home at 1675 W Dean Rd and the remaining pit in the ground as a safety hazard. Manager Lear agrees it is a hazard but there is nothing the village can do that requires the property owner to install a fence around the hole.
• Member Muggli observed the house and garage had new and extravagant color roofing installed at 1605 W Brown Deer Rd. After further investigation no permit was issued for this project. Manager Lear will speak to homeowner and report back status at July meeting.
16. Motion by H. Meisel/Plautz to adjourn at 7:15 pm. M