Village of River Hills
Monday - Friday 9AM - 5PM
Hours of Work for machinery/loud tools within the village
Monday – Saturday from 8am – 5pm
No Sundays or Holidays
Please call or email SAFEbuilt (262-346-4577 or for inspections of your building, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing permits


The options available for submission of all permit applications is:

Payments for permits can be made by either of the following methods:

  • mail to 7650 N Pheasant Ln, River Hills, WI 53217
  • credit card – scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the “click to pay now” button
  • drop off at village hall during business hour
  • after hours drop off there is a mail slot in the front door of village hall


 **blue text is a link to another page**

The following permits require approval by the Building Inspector:

Additional links/information about Building Permits:

The following permits require approval by the Village Staff:

  • Chicken Permit – Annual permit required for the keeping of chickens ($100 initial & $25 renewal)Ordinance Chapter 2.17(1)(b)  Ordinance Currently under Review
  • Dumpster 0r Temporary Storage Units – 40 day temporary permit ($100) Ordinance Chapter 2.23
  • Sign Permits – Rummage sales, Estate sales, Contractor’s advertising, etc. ($2 per day per sign or $10 minimum) Ordinance 7.06
  • Solicitor’s – Individuals soliciting business or donations ($50 per person + $20 per background check = $70)  Ordinance 2.21
  • Special Privilege Permit – Required to place encroachments in the public “rights of way” ($50.00)  Ordinance 2.36
  • Transient Merchant’s – Individuals selling goods and products ($150 per organization + $25 per person)  Ordinance 2.20

The following permits require approval by the Village Engineer and Department of Public Works:

  • Culvert Permits – installation of replacement of driveway or access drive culvert ($400 deposit)  Ordinance Chapter 10 & 11
  • Filling/Excavating/Erosion Control Permit – Moving or bringing in more than 20 cubic yards per acre (see attached paperwork and permit application)  Ordinance Chapter 15
  • ROW Permit – Working in the Right of Way (no minimum)  Ordinance 9.04 & Chapter 12

The following permits are available only in person at Village Hall

  • Dog And Cat Licenses – or register online at MADACC

The following permits are available only in person at the Police Department

Methods of payment for permits

  • At Village Hall – cash, check, or credit card (fee charged for credit cards)
  • In the mail – check
  • Online – credit card (additional fee)