SEWER CONNECTION TO NON-VILLAGE SEWERS, CONNECTION FEES AND SERVICE CHARGES.
(1) Permit Required. A permit is required for the connection of any residence in the Village of River Hills to a sanitary sewer located outside the limits of the Village of River Hills. All such requests shall be submitted to the Village Engineer for the purpose of determining whether the premises can be served by a reasonable extension of the Village sanitary sewer system. If the Village Engineer determines that the said premises cannot be reasonably served by an extension of the Village sanitary sewer system and that the granting of the permit will not interfere with the sanitary sewer system plan of the Village of River Hills, the said permit shall be issued subject to the following conditions.
(2) Connection Fee. There is hereby established a sewer connection fee for the connection of buildings in the Village to sanitary sewers located outside of the Village in an amount equal to that which is charged to the Village for said connection by the municipality within which the said sanitary sewer is physically located.
(3) Service Charges. For the purpose of meeting the actual expenses incurred by the Village in the disposal of sewage from all buildings connected to sanitary sewers located outside of the Village, there is hereby established a sewerage service charge applicable against all buildings located in the Village connected to sanitary sewers located outside the Village in an amount equal to that which is charged to the Village by the municipality within which the sanitary sewer is physically located.
(4) Inspection or Permit Fees. All inspection or permit fees imposed by the municipality owning the sanitary sewer to which connection is to be made shall be paid to the Village of River Hills by the owner of the premises at the time that the permit is issued.
(5) Payment of Fees and Charges. The connection charges established by this Ordinance shall be paid by the owner of the premises at the time the permit is issued. The service charges established by this Ordinance shall be billed by the Village to the owner of the premises on an annual basis and, upon failure of the owner to pay the said service charges, the same shall be spread upon the tax roll and shall be collected as are all other special charges and assessments of the Village.