(1) Addition. “Addition” means new construction performed on a dwelling which increases the outside dimensions of the dwelling.
(2) Alteration. “Alteration” means a substantial change or modification other than an addition or minor repair to a dwelling or to systems involved within a dwelling.
(3) Department. “Department” means the Department of Industry, Labor and Human Relations.
(4) Dwelling. “Dwelling” means:
[a] Any building, the initial construction of which is commenced on or after the effective date of this ordinance which contains one- or two-dwelling units, or
[b] An existing structure, or that part of an existing structure, which is used or intended to be used as a one- or two-family dwelling.
(5) Minor Repair. “Minor repair” means repair performed for maintenance or replacement purposes on any existing one- or two-family dwellings which does not affect room arrangement, light and ventilation, access to or efficiency of any exit stairways or exists, fire protection, or exterior aesthetic appearance, and which does not increase a given occupancy and use. No building permit is required for work to be performed which is deemed minor repair.
(6) One- Or Two-Family Dwelling. “A one- or two-family dwelling” means a building structure designed for occupancy as one or two separate residences by one or two families.
(7) Person. “Person” means an individual, partnership, firm or corporation.
(8) Family. “Family” has the same definition as found in Section 7.05(5) of the Village Ordinances.
(9) Uniform Dwelling Code. “Uniform Dwelling Code” means those Administrative Code provisions, and any future amendments, revisions or modifications thereto, contained in the following chapter of the Wisconsin Administrative Code:
Wis. Adm. Code Chapter Ind. 20 – Administration and Enforcement
Wis. Adm. Code Chapter Ind. 21 – Construction Standards
Wis. Adm. Code Chapter Ind. 22 – Energy Conservation Standards
Wis. Adm. Code Chapter Ind. 23 – Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Standards
Wis. Adm. Code Chapter Ind. 24 – Electrical Standards
Wis. Adm. Code Chapter Ind. 25 – Plumbing and Potable
(10) Certified Inspector. In the context of this ordinance, the terms “certified inspector” and “Building Inspector” shall be deemed synonymous and interchangeable.