Wednesday, September 21, 2016 7:00 Pm
1. ROLL CALL: was answered by Village President Bob Brunner; Trustee Stephen Anderson, Trustees Bill Walker, David Fritz, Peggy Russo, Kurt Glaisner, and Peter Kingwill. Also present were Chris Lear, Village Manager; Kurt Fredrickson, Public Works Superintendent; Police Chief, Todd Cowie; Village Engineer, Mustafa Emir; and Bill Dineen, Village Attorney.
2. THE AGENDA: Motion by Anderson/Russo to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
3. VILLAGE BOARD MINUTES OF JULY 20, 2016: Motion by Fritz/Kingwill to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
4. VOUCHER LIST: Motion by Walker/Glaisner to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
5. REPORT BY VILLAGE PRESIDENT
6. REPORT FROM TINA WAGNER, VILLAGE HEALTH INSURANCE ADVISOR: Information given by Tina Wagner
Overview of previous years plans
New form of insurance (level premium self-funding )
Informed board of 9.9% rate increase for 2017
Motion by Walker/Kingwill to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
7. DISCUSSION/ACTION PROPOSAL FOR SANITARY SEWER DESIGN SERVICE AND ADVICE REGARDING THE REHABILITATION OF RANGE LINE ROAD BRIDGE – VILLAFE ENGINEER – MUSTAFA EMIR: Information given by Village Engineer Mustafa Emir and DPW Superintendent Kurt Fredrickson
Proposal from MMSD to have new sewer lines on Green Bay Ct created and redirected at the cost of MMSD but only if the village takes full responsibilities of the lines afterwards.
Concerns by board members of cost to maintain and by moving forward with the proposed deal with MMSD how many other sewer lines would the Village have to take over in the future.
Possible options concerning the Range Line Road Bridge
Cost of repair of the bridge and issue that arose last time this issue came up
Cost of complete tear down and reconstruction of bridge
The board wishes to get more information about breakdowns of costs and alternative options. Trustee Walker informed the board he knew a resident that may be able to help with the repairs of the bridge.
8. DISCUSSION/ACTION LONG TERM BORROWING – JOE MURRAY, SPRINGSTED: Information given by Joe Murray
recommends not refinancing current loans due to it not saving money, interest rates on the villages current loans are pretty low
if spending is needed now the village should use the market but if not then there is no use
9. REPORT OF VILLAGE MANAGER/CLERK/TREASURER:
A. FINANCIAL REPORT FOR 8 MONTHS ENDED AUGUST 30, 2016: Information given by Marc DeVries, Village Accountant
New fund reports are now available with the new accounting software the village has.
Expresses his concerns about borrowing and doing a cost budget over 20 years
B. POLICE DEPARTMENT REPORT: Information given by Todd Cowie, Police Chief
Introduction of new police Officer Robert Wilson and update on his training
Acknowledges police officers and the work they have been doing with local police agencies
C. NSFC – FIRE DEPARTMENT REPORT: Information given by Trustee Kingwill
Explains increase in Fire Department cost to the village due to disability and retirement issues
10. PUBLIC COMMENT ON MATTERS OTHER THAN AGENDA ITEMS: Committee on the Environment Chairman Larry Boyer notes that the Arbor Day event held in the village went well
11. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS: none
12. DISCUSSION/ACTION ON 17,795 SQUARE FOOT USM ADDITION: Item already has been approved by the Building Board; therefore, no action is needed.
13. DISCUSSION/ACTION CONTINGENCY FUNDING FOR LIBRARY PROJECT: Information given by Trustee Glaisner
Construction will not be anytime soon
Will keep the board updated
Motion by Fritz/Walker to approve the Village share of the building program project,
not to exceed $994.00. Motion carried unanimously.
14. DISCUSSION/ACTION REPLACING THE DPW BACK-UP GENERATOR: Motion by Fritz/Anderson to approve Public Works Superintendent Fredrickson’s recommendation to purchase the generator from KW Electric for $23,500. Motion carried unanimously.
15. DISCUSSION REGARDING AN UPDATE ON THE STREAMBANK VIOLATION AT 1777 W. BRADLEY – VILLAGE MANAGER CHRIS LEAR: Motion by Anderson/Russo to move item to closed session. Motion carried unanimously.
16. DISCUSSION/ACTION 12 MONTH SUP EXTENSION FOR NICOLET SCHOOL DISTRICT: postponed until October meeting
17. DISCUSSION REGARDING THE 2017 VILLAGE OF RIVER HILLS BUDGET: Information given by Chris Lear, Village Manager
All budget committees have met with department heads
18. CLOSED SESSION PURSUANT TO SEC. 19.85 (1) (C) WI STATUTES TO CONSIDER EMPLOYEMNT, PROMOTION, COMPENSATION OR PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF ANY PUBLIC EMPLOYEE OVER WHICH THE GOVERNMENTAL BODY HAS JURISDICTION AND PURSUANT TO SEC. 19.85 (1) (G) WISCONSIN STATUTES TO CONFER WITH LEGAL COUNSEL FOR ADVICE CONCERNING STRATEGY WITH RESPECT TO ENFORCEMENT ACTION/LITIGATION WHICH IT MAY BECOME INVOLVED RELATED TO AGENDA ITEM 15
19. DISCUSSION/ACTION REGARDING ANY ITEM FROM CLOSED SESSION: Motion by Anderson/Fritz to reconvene to open session. Motion carried unanimously.
20. ADJOURNMENT: Motion by Anderson/Fritz to adjourn. Motion carried unanimously at 9:46 p.m.