Wednesday, October 19, 2016 5:30 Pm
1. ROLL CALL: was answered by Trustees Stephen Anderson, Bill Walker, David Fritz, Peggy Russo, Kurt Glaisner and Peter Kingwill. Not present Village President Bob Brunner. Also present were Chris Lear, Village Manager; Kurt Fredrickson, Public Works Superintendent; Todd Cowie, Police Chief; and Bill Dineen, Village Attorney.
2. THE AGENDA: Motion by Glaisner/Fritz to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
3. DISCUSSION/ACTION ON APPOINTMENT TO OFFICE OF VILLAGE PRESIDENT AND POSSIBLE VILLAGE TRUSTEE VACANCY:
Nomination by Walker/Fritz to appoint Trustee Anderson. Motion carried unanimously.
All resumes for potential Trustees need to be submitted to the Village by Wednesday November 9, 2016.
Request all applicants attend the November 16, 2016 meeting at which time a new trustee will be appointed.
4. VILLAGE BOARD MINUTES OF SEPTEMBER 21, 2016: Motion by Glaisner/Fritz to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
5. DISCUSSION ON PROPOSED 2017 VILLAGE OF RIVER HILLS BUDGET Manager Lear highlighted facts from the cover memo to the Budget Summary. Levy Limits put a ceiling of $36,980 on an increase in taxes next year. Franchise Fee revenue will decrease by $29,375. Salary increases total $30,000. Special Charges in the Sewer Fund will increase by $47,621, ending the property tax subsidy for that fund. Last year’s contribution of $123,005 to the Range Line Road Fund is discontinued, freeing up that much revenue to balance the budget. Overall the tax levy as proposed will increase by 1.17%. The tax rate would have increased by only .6% if not for the fact the overall assessed value of property in the Village has decrease by 7 million dollars, creating a 2.3% increase in the tax rate.
6. VOUCHER LIST: Motion by Fritz/Russo to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
7. REPORT BY VILLAGE PRESIDENT
8. DISCUSSION/ACTION ON RESOLUTION 2016 – 12 EXTENDING TIME TO COMMENCE CONSTRUCTION and MODIFYING PILOT PAYMENT IN SPECIAL USE PERMIT GRANTED BY RESOUTION NO. 2014 – 16: Information given by Robert Kobylski, Nicolet Superintendent
Properties have been sold to fund school expansion project
Project construction will begin early 2017
Motion by Fritz/Kingwill to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
9. REPORT OF VILLAGE MANAGER/CLERK/TREASURER Marc DeVries presented the first comprehensive monthly financial report, including all fund balances, since he began work here. This is an important step towards compliance with accounting procedures. At a future meeting he will discuss cash flow forecasting, a five year capital improvement plan and the importance of establishing revenue sources that sustain the needs of the Village.
A. FINANCIAL REPORT FOR NINE MONTHS ENDED SEPTEMBER 30, 2016
B. POLICE DEPARTMENT REPORT
C. NSFD – FIRE DEPARTMENT REPORT: Trustee Kingwill has no update.
10. DISCUSSION/ACTION RESOLUTION NO. 2016-13 APPROVING THE 2017 NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT FEES FOR SERVICE SCHEDULE: Motion by Fritz/Kingwill to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
11. PUBLIC COMMENTS ON MATTERS OTHER THAN AGENDA ITEMS: none
12. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS: Committee on the Environment wishes to have a say in the discussion regarding the Wright property. After consideration by the board they have determined that it will not be a future item due to the subject is in the hands of the DNR.
13. DISCUSSION REGARDING POTENTIAL RECONSIDERATION FOR SANITARY SEWER DESIGN: The board decided that they would be open to further discussion and a presentation by MMSD for the November 2016 meeting.
14. DISCUSSION IN CLOSED SESSION REGARDING A CELL TOWER LEASE PROPOSAL: Motion by Kingwill/Russo to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
15. CLOSED SESSION PURSUANT TO SEC. 19.85(e) WI STATUTES FOR BARGAINING REASONS THAT REQUIRE A CLOSED SESSION RELATED TO DELIBERATION OR NEGOTIATION FOR THE PURCHASE OF PUBLIC PROPERTY AND CONTRACTING FOR SERVICES
16. RECONVENE TO OPEN SESSION TO TAKE ACTION ON ANY ITEM FROM CLOSED SESSION None.
17. POSSIBLE BOARD ACTION SETTING A PUBLIC HEARING ON THE PROPOSED 2017 BUDGET FOR 7:00 P.M. ON WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2016
18. ADJOURNMENT Motion by Kingwill/Fritz to adjourn. Motion carried unanimously.