Wednesday, November 16, 2016 7:00 Pm
1. ROLL CALL: was answered by President Stephen Anderson, Trustees Peggy Russo, Kurt Glaisner and Peter Kingwill. Arriving at (7:01) Trustee Bill Walker and via phone at (7:04) Trustee David Fritz. Also present were Chris Lear, Village Manager; Kurt Fredrickson, Public Works Superintendent; Todd Cowie, Police Chief; Bill Dineen, Village Attorney: and Mustafa Emir, Village Engineer.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: Instruction by Village Attorney Dineen to layover the subject on Intergovernmental Agreement with Milwaukee County for Emergency Medical Services (EMS). Motion by Kingwill/Glaisner to approve the remaining Consent Agenda. Motion carried unanimously.
3. REPORT BY VILLAGE PRESIDENT:
President Anderson informs the public that the budget has been laid over for a Public Hearing at a special meeting to be held November 29th at 5:30 pm
4. PUBLIC COMMENT ON MATTERS OTHER THAN ADENGA ITEMS:
Residents Chris Meisel and Paul Gordon spoke about their views on the project that the Mandel group has proposed
President Anderson thanked them for their opinions and informed them that at this time no submission has been made to the Village Board; therefore, no action has been made regarding the possibly proposed project.
5. DISCUSSION/ACTION ON THE PROPPOSAL FOR SANITARY SEWER DESIGN SERVICE – MMSD:
MMSD representatives Tom Simmons and Brittany Hess present
Representatives explained why they want to change the sewer lines on Green Bay Ct and explained the costs the village would accrue.
Motion by Glaisner/Russo to direct the Village Engineer and Village Manager to proceed in their discussions with MMSD and to negotiate a Memorandum of Understanding for consideration at a future Village Board meeting. Motion carried unanimously.
6. DISCUSSION/ACTION APPOINTING A PERSON TO FILL THE VACANT TRUSTEE OFFICE AND APPOINTMENT OF TRUSTEE TO PLAN COMMISSION AND APPOINTMENT OF JOHN HAYDON TO THE COMMITTEE ON THE ENVIRONMENT:
Motion by Russo/Kingwill to approve appointment of John Hayden to the Committee on the Environment. Motion carried unanimously.
Village trustee applicants spoke on behalf of themselves: Chris Noyes, Samuel Hall, Craig Peterson, Jamie Evans.
Vote taken for new trustee
Stephen Anderson – Jamie Evans
Bill Walker – Chris Noyes
Peggy Russo – Chris Noyes
David Fritz – Chris Noyes
Kurt Glaisner – Jamie Evans
Peter Kingwill – Chris Noyes
With a vote of 4-2 Chris Noyes was selected as new Village Trustee
No action taken on appointment of Trustee to the Plan Commission
Oath of Office was administered and new Trustee Noyes was sworn into office and took a seat at the Village Board table
7. REPORT OF VILLAGE MANAGER:
A. FINANCIAL REPORT FOR TEN MONTHS ENDED OCTOBER 31, 2016
Current to date finances show the general fund is 10% for the year
B. POLICE DEPARTMENT REPORT:
Chief Cowie informed the board that Office Wilson has completed his shadowing period and is performing full patrol duties
Police department will be recipients of an Equipment fund and OWI Taskforce grants
C. NSFD – FIRE DEPARTMENT REPORT:
Trustee Kingwill has no update due to the last NSFD meeting being cancelled.
8. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS: none
9. DISCUSSION/ACTION REGARDING 2017 MEETING DATES: motion by Russo/Glaisner to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
10. DISCUSSION/ACTION ON THE INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT WITH MILWAUKEE COUNTY FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES (EMS): action taken in Agenda item 2.
11. DISCUSSION ON PROPOSED 2017 VILLAGE OF RIVER HILLS BUDGET: item laid over for Public Hearing at the special meeting on November 29, 2016.
12. DISCUSSION/ACTION ON APPROVAL OF NICOLET HIGH SCHOOL PILOT PAYMENT AGREEMENT:
Attorney Dineen informs the board that Nicolet School District has approved the proposal so now the Village Board can proceed with their approval and/or disapproval of the proposal.
Motion by Kingwill/Russo to approve and authorize the Village President and Village Clerk to sign upon receipt of the Agreement signed by Nicolet. Motion carried unanimously.
13. DISCUSSION/ACTION ON RESOLUTION NO. 2016-15 FOR THE 2017 SALARY SCHEDULE: Motion by Russo/Walker to move item to closed session. Motion carried unanimously.
14. UPDATE ON THE STREAMBANK VIOLATION AT 1777 W BRADLEY:
Residents Larry Boyer and Ann Vogel spoke on behalf of their concerns with the lack of progress with the repair/completion of the project.
15. CLOSED SESSION PURSUANT TO SEC. 1985(e) WISCONSIN STATUTES TO CONFER WITH LEGAL COUNSEL FOR ADVICE CONCERNING STRATEGY WITH RESPECT TO ENFORCEMENT ACTION/LITIGATION WHICH IT MAY BECOME INVOLVED RELATED TO AGENDA ITEM 14 and SEC. 19.85(c) CONSIDERING EMPLOYMENT, PROMOTION, COMPENSATION OR PERFORMANCE EVALUATION DATA OF ANY PUBLIC EMPLOYEE OVER WHICH THE GOVERNMENTAL BODY HAS JURISDICTION RELATED TO AGENDA ITEM 13
Motion by Kingwill/Russo to consider Agenda Items 13 and 14 in closed session. Motion carried unanimously. Prior to any consideration of matters in closed session, Trustee Noyes advised that he was a member of the law firm that is representing the property owner in the Agenda 14 matter and requested advice from the Village Attorney on how to proceed. After receiving advice that he should recuse himself from participation on Item 14, Trustee Noyes left the meeting room and did not participate in any discussion or consideration of Item 14.
16. RECONVENE TO OPEN SESSION TO TAKE ACTION ON ANY ITEM FROM CLOSED SESSION: Motion by Walker/Russo to approve the 2017 salary schedule. Motion carried unanimously.
17. ADJOURNMENT Motion by Russo/Walker to adjourn at 9:25 pm. Motion carried unanimously.