Board Of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, November 29, 2016 5:00 Pm
1. ROLL CALL: was answered by President Stephen Anderson, Trustees Bill Walker, Trustee Peggy Russo, Trustee David Fritz, Trustee Peter Kingwill, and Trustee Chris Noyes. Not present Trustee Kurt Glaisner. Also present were Chris Lear, Village Manager; Bill Dineen, Village Attorney; and Mustafa Emir, Village Engineer.
2. PUBLIC HEARING ON THE 2017 BUDGET:
Village President opened the public hearing at 5:02 p.m.
There were no members of public present. Motion by Russo/Kingwill to close hearing at 5:02 p.m. Motion carries unanimously.
3. CONSENT AGENDA:
Minutes of November 16, 2016 Village Board meeting approved with correction
Adoption of the 2017 Village Budget and Resolution 2016 – 16 Setting the Tax Levy
Discussion/Action making appointments to the Committee on the Environment (Karen Plunkett & Jodi Sinykin) and the Plan Commission (no one designated)
Discussion/Action on the agreement for testing at Range Line Rd Bridge
Motion by Noyes/Kingwill to approve, the items in the Consent Agenda with the exception of the fifth item to be considered as a separate agenda item. Motion carried unanimously.
4. DISCUSSION/ACTION ON THE AGREEMENT FOR TESTING AT RANGE LINE RD BRIDGE:
Village Engineer Mustafa Emir explains to the board the meeting that was conducted the previous week to see what the Villages options are on whether to fix or replace the bridge
Approx. 2.2 million to put a new stone face on the bridge, approx. 5-6 million to replace the whole bridge
testing needs to be done to determine the integrity of the arches and the concrete
Motion by Fritz/Kingwill to move forward with the testing with a spending cap of $5,000. Motion carried unanimously.
6. REPORT FROM VILLAGE PRESIDENT:
President Anderson read a letter from a resident who wishes to have the Eder property become a park in the name of former Village President Bob Brunner.
7. UPDATE ON THE STREAMBANK VIOLATION AT 1777 W. BRADLEY RD:
Village Engineer Mustafa Emir gave a verbal status report about receiving the complete project plans from the homeowner and is reviewing them.
8. CLOSED SESSION PURSUANT TO SEC. 19.85(e) WISCONSIN STATUTES TO CONFER WITH LEGAL COUNSEL FOR ADVICE CONCERNING STRATEGY WITH RESPECT TO ENFORCEMENT ACTION/LITIGATION WHICH IT MAY BECOME INVOLVED RELATED TO AGENDA ITEM 6.
9. RECONVENE TO OPEN SESSION TO TAKE ACTION ON ANY ITEM FROM CLOSED SESSION:
Motion by Fritz/Russo to authorize the Village Manager to proceed as directed in closed session. Motion carried unanimously.
Motion by Russo/Kingwill to approve. Motion carried unanimously.