GENERAL LICENSING REQUIREMENTS.
(1) License Required. No person may sell alcohol beverages or engage in any other activity for which this chapter provides a license, without holding a license issued under this chapter.
(2) Licenses Issued in Violation of Chapter. No license may be issued to any person except as provided in this chapter. Any license issued in violation of this chapter is void.
(3) Applications for Licenses.
[a] Class “B” Licenses. Applicants for Class “B” licenses authorizing the sale of alcohol beverages shall file their applications on application forms prepared by the Wisconsin Department of Revenue. Such applications shall contain all the information required by said forms, shall be sworn to by the applicant, and shall be filed with the Village Clerk at least 15 days prior to the granting of the license.
[b] Operators’ Licenses. Applicants for the issuance of operators’ licenses for the purpose of complying with the provisions of Section 125.32(2), Wisconsin Statutes and Sec. 16.06 of this chapter, shall file their applications on forms prescribed by the Village Board. Such applications shall contain all information required by such forms, shall be sworn to by the applicant, and shall be filed with the Village Clerk at least 15 days prior to the granting of the license.
(4) Subsequent Changes. Within 10 days of any change in any fact set forth in an application for a license issued under this chapter, the licensee shall file with the Village Clerk a written statement of the changed fact.
[a] The Village Clerk shall retain all applications made to the Village for four (4) years and thereafter may destroy the applications.
[b] Any person may inspect applications for licenses issued under this chapter.
(6) License Restrictions. No license shall be issued for any premises within three hundred (300) feet of any school, hospital, church, nor in any residence district, except as to locations existing prior to the time of the passage of this chapter. The residence district referred to herein shall be that defined by the Zoning Regulations (Chapter 7) of the Village of River Hills.
(7) Qualifications for Licenses.
[a] Natural persons. Licenses issued under this chapter may be issued only to persons who:
(1) Are of good moral character;
(2) Have been residents of this state continuously for at least one year prior to the date of filing the application;
(3) Are U.S. citizens; and
(4) Have attained the legal drinking age.
[b] Criminal offenders. Subject to Section 111.30, Wisconsin Statutes, no license may be issued under this chapter to any natural person who has habitually been a law offender or has been convicted of a felony, unless the person has been duly pardoned.
[c] Corporations. No license may be issued to a corporation unless the agent of the corporation appointed under the provisions of 125.04(6), Wisconsin Statutes, and the officers and directors of the corporation meet the qualifications of pars. [a] and [b], except that par. [a]2 and 3 do not apply to officers and directors of corporations organized under the laws of states other than this state or foreign countries.
[d] Operators’ licenses. Paragraphs [a] 2 and 3 do not apply to applicants for operators’ licenses.
(8) Licenses of Corporations. All licenses issued under this chapter to corporations shall be subject to the provisions of 125.04(6) Wisconsin Statutes.
(9) Licenses Not Valid Until Fees Paid. No license under this chanter may be delivered to the applicant until the applicant files with the Village Clerk a receipt showing payment of the license fee to the Village Treasurer.
(10) License Framed, Posted.
[a] Frame. License issued under this chapter shall be enclosed in a frame having a transparent front which allows the license to be clearly read.
[b] Display. All licenses shall be conspicuously displayed for public inspection at all times in the room or place where the activity subject to licensure is carried on.
(11) Expiration Dates. Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, licenses issued under this chapter shall expire on June 30th of each year.
(12) License Transfers.
[a] Class “B” licenses issued under this chapter shall be transferable only in strict accordance with the provisions of 125.04(12), Wisconsin Statutes.
[b] operators’ licenses are not transferable.
(13) Exceptions. All requirements of this chapter as to licenses are subject to the exceptions provided in 125.06, Wisconsin Statutes.
(14) Fees. The fees for the issuance of licenses under this chapter shall be as follows. [a] For a Class “B” license or the renewal thereof: $600.00 annually.
[b] Class “B” licenses may also be issued at any time for a period of six (6) months in any calendar year, for which the fee shall be $300.00.
[c] For an operators’ license: $25.00 annually.
[d] All such fees shall be paid to the Village Treasurer, and when paid, they become a part of the general fund of the Village.