- ROLL CALL ACTION
Was answered by President Stephen Anderson; Trustees David Fritz, Peter Kingwill, Christopher Noyes, Kurt Glaisner, and Peggy Russo. Trustee Bill Walker not present.
- CONSENT AGENDA ACTION
- The Agenda
- Village Board Minutes of November 29, 2017
- Voucher List
Motion by Fritz/Kingwill to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA MATTERS DISCUSSION
Resident Dan Malman expressed his concerns about the deer trapping program: wanting to know more accurate numbers about the deer population and the cost/benefit of the program. The board informed him that Kurt Fredrickson, DPW Superintendent, would be the person to talk to about more accurate deer population numbers. As well as at the March or possibly May board meeting the yearly reports will be presented to the board.
- FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS DISCUSSION
No items discussed
- UPDATE BY VILLAGE MANAGER ON TWO MATTERS DISCUSSION/ACTION CONCERNING SECTION 2.40 PRIMARY ENVIRONMENTAL CORRIDOR CONSERVANCY DISTRICT
Motion by Russo/Glaisner that there was no violation at the Milwaukee Country Club. Motion carried unanimously. Mr. Lear summarized enforcement efforts during 2016 regarding Section 2.10 of our ordinances. We have a WDNR permit in place, the Army Corps of Engineers have acknowledged the enforcement action in writing and Village Engineer Mustafa Emir concluded in writing the Montgomery Associates plan submittal complies with his requirements as outlined in his letter of October 22, 2015.
- APPOINTMENT TO PLAN COMMISSION ACTION
Motion by Glaisner/Fritz to appoint Trustee Bill Walker to the open seat. Motion carried unanimously.
- REPORT OF VILLAGE PRESIDENT DISCUSSION
ICC meeting notes
New website will be up and running soon
Attendance at the Municipal court and the job well done by Judge Burrell, the clerks, and the police officers
- REPORT OF VILLAGE MANAGER/CLERK/TREASURER DISCUSSION
- Financial Report for YTD 12/31/16
Year-end financials will be presented at the March meeting
2. Municipal Court Clerk/Village Hall Back-up
Negotiations that were conducted with Bayside and the benefit of Kellie Minikel
Motion by Kingwill/Noyes to approve the position and increase in areas of the budget for 2018.
3. Board Packets on Share Point
Any interest in possibly converting paper copies of board packets to digital copies. More information needed
- REPORT OF RIVER HILLS POLICE DEPARTMENT DISCUSSION
DOT – OWI taskforce grant started in December
No burglaries were reported in 2016
Encourages viewing of Sgt Malek’s video on the department Facebook page
- REPORT OF NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT DISCUSSION
Trustee Kingwill says at the previous fire department meeting it was brought forward that there is a $715,000 surplus for the 2016 year
8 new fireman have been hired and 6 have retired
- UPDATE ON BUDGET FORMAT/CAPITAL EXP. FORECAST DISCUSSION
Delayed until future meeting
- DISCUSSION/ACTION AUTHORIZING SOLICITATION FOR BIDS DISCUSSION REGARDING SEWER REHABILITATION AND ROAD PAVING
Just an update that the Village Engineer and Kurt Fredrickson are starting the process of receiving bids and there will be an update at a later meeting.
- DISCUSSION REGARDING EMPLOYEE COMPENSATION AND DISCUSSION RECOGNITION AND CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS
Motion by Fritz/Russo to move into closed session
14. CLOSED SESSION PURSUANT TO SEC. 19.85(c)CONSIDERING EMPLOYMENT, PROMOTION, COMPENSATION OR PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF ANY PUBLIC EMPLOYEE OVER WHICH THE GOVERNMENTAL BODY HAS JURISDICITION and SEC. 19.85(e) DELIBERATING STRATEGIES REGARDING CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS RELATED TO AGENDA ITEM 13
15. RECONVENE TO OPEN SESSION TO TAKE ACTION ON ANY ITEM FROM CLOSED SESSION ACTION
Motion by Russo/Glaisner to reconvene to open session. Motion carried unanimously.
16. ADJOURNMENT ACTION
Motion by Fritz/Noyes to adjourn. Motion carried unanimously. The meeting adjourned at 8:30 p.m.