Section 8.08. REGULATION OF DIVISIONS OF LAND OTHER THAN SUBDIVISIONS.
(1) Approval Required. All divisions of land within the Village of River Hills which do not constitute ‘subdivisions’ shall be approved by the Village Board. All such divisions shall be in the form of a certified survey map which shall be referred by the Village Clerk immediately upon filing to the Village Plan Commission for review and recommendation as to whether dedications of lands to the Village are necessary for the laying out and improvement of public streets and/or the installation of sanitary and storm sewers, drainage ditches, and public utility facilities, as well as whether approval of such division of land should require compliance with subsection 8.05 (6) of this Chapter relating to the subdivision of lands. The Plan Commission shall submit its report and recommendations to the Village Board within sixty (60) days, and in the event the Plan Commission’s report and recommendations are not received within said time period, the Village Board may take action without the report.
(2) Certified Survey Maps.
(1) Procedure. The divider shall file a certified survey map with the Village Clerk together with a filing fee as set forth in the schedule of fees as adopted and subject to amendment from time to time by Resolution of the Village Board. Within ninety (90) days after such filing, the Village Board shall either approve, conditionally approve or reject the map. The divider shall be notified in writing of any conditions of approval or the reasons for rejection. The Resolution and the applicable schedule of fees shall be kept on file in the Office of the Village Clerk and will be posted on the village website. (Amd #537, 10/16/19)
(1) To the extent reasonably practicable, the division shall comply with the provisions of this Chapter relating to general requirements, design standards, and required improvements.
(2) The survey shall be performed and map prepared by a licensed surveyor.
(3) All corners shall be monumented in accordance with Section 236.15(1)(c) and (d), Wisconsin Statutes.
(4) The map shall be prepared in accordance with Section 236-20 (2)(a), (b), (c), (f), (g), (h), (j), (k) and (1), Wisconsin Statutes, on durable white paper, eight and one-half (8 ) inches wide by fourteen (14) inches long. All lines shall be made with non-fading black ink on a scale of not more than five-hundred (500) feet to one (1) inch.
(5) Where the map is located within a quarter section, the corners of which have been relocated, monumented, and coordinated by the Village, the map shall be tied directly to one of the section or quarter corners so relocated, monumented, and coordinated. The exact grid bearing and distance of such tie shall be determined by field measurements, and the material and Wisconsin state plane coordinates of the monument marking the relocated section or quarter corner to which the map is tied shall be indicated on the map. All distances and bearings shall be referenced to the Wisconsin Coordinate System, South Zone, and adjusted to the Village’s control survey.
[c] Affidavits and Certificates
(1) The map shall include the affidavit of the surveyor who surveyed and mapped the parcel, and shall be typed, lettered, or reproduced legibly with non-fading black ink, giving a clear and concise description of the land surveyed by bearings and distances, commencing with some corner marked and established in the United States public land survey or some corner providing reference to a corner marked and established in the United States public land survey. Such affidavit shall also include the statement of the surveyor to the effect that he has fully complied with the requirements of this section.
(3) Recording Required. Upon approval by the Village Board of the said division of land, as described in the said certified survey map, the Village Clerk shall cause said certified survey map to be recorded in the office of the Register of Deeds for Milwaukee County. The Village Board’s approval of such division of land shall become effective upon the date of the recording of said certified survey map.