Section 9.07 TESTING.
A. Description. The Village may require Permittee to provide material testing for each phase of the work and at no cost to the Village. The Independent Geotechnical Testing Firm chosen to perform this work for the Permittee must be qualified and acceptable to the Village.
B. Testing Frequencies
1. The number of density tests required may be increased if directed by the Village. The costs of any testing, as required, shall be borne by the Permittee. Proctors shall be determined prior to backfilling. Independent lab results shall be faxed to the Department as soon as possible.
2. All tests must be submitted to the Department on a daily basis as acquired and shall be hand delivered or faxed to the Village.
a. Native or imported backfill – If compaction is required, then one test for every nine (9) inch lift and every one hundred (100) feet horizontal.
b. Aggregate slurry – Testing may be required at the discretion of the Village.
c. Concrete pavement, curbs, gutters and sidewalks – Testing to be conducted for every 100 cubic yards or portion thereof, with a minimum of one. The types of testing required shall be as prescribed by the Village.
d. Asphalt Pavement
(1) Asphalt content – One test per 500 tons or fraction thereof of mix produced, minimum of one test per job.
(2) Gradation – Aggregate: one test per 500 tons or fraction thereof of mix produced, minimum of one test per job.
(3) In-place density – One test per 500 tons or fraction thereof of mix placed, minimum of one test per job.
e. Aggregate base course materials -One test per 400 lane feet.