18.04 PURPOSE AND INTENT
a. General Provisions-The purpose and intent of this ordinance is to protect the public health, safety, and general welfare and to maintain and protect the environment for the people of the Village and to:
1. Prevent communicable diseases.
2. Prevent the continuance of human health hazards or public health nuisances.
3. Assure that Village and State air quality standards are complied with.
4. Assure that insects and rodents do not create human health hazards
5. Assure that surface and groundwater meet Village and State standards and regulations.
6. Assure that solid waste is handled, stored and disposed of according to Village and State standards and regulations.
7. Assure that persons are protected from hazards and unhealthy or unsafe substances.