Section 31.06. BUILDING PERMITS.
(1) Building Permits Required. No one- or two-family dwelling of which initial construction shall be commenced after June 1, 1980, shall be built, enlarged, altered, or repaired unless a building permit for that work shall first be obtained by the owner, or his agent, from the certified inspector. Application for a building permit shall be made in writing upon that form, designated as the Wisconsin Uniform Dwelling Permit Application, furnished by the Department of Industry, Labor and Human Relations.
(2) Submission of Plans. The applicant shall submit two (2) sets of plans for all new or repairs or additions to existing one- and two-family dwellings at the time that the building permit application is filed.
[a] Erosion Control Requirements. All applications for building permits shall also contain the following information, and all building permits shall be subject to the following requirements:
1. An erosion control plan statement with a simple map shall be submitted to describe the area to be disturbed and the erosion control measures to be employed. The statement shall also give the proposed site development schedule.
2. Provision shall be made for water being pumped from the site during construction, indicating measures to be used for control of runoff.
3. Filter fences, straw bales or equivalent control measures shall be placed along all sideslope and downslope sides of the construction site. If a channel or area of concentrated runoff passes through the site, filter fences shall be placed along the channel edges to reduce sediment reaching the channel.
4. Approval of the erosion control plan by the Village Engineer, and installation of all erosion control measures, shall be in place prior to any clearing or excavation within the site. The Village may place an immediate stop-work order on the project if no permit has been given, or if the permittee does not comply with the approved plan.
5. If the area to be disturbed during construction of the building or buildings exceeds 10,000 square feet, the requirements of Chapter 15 of the General Ordinances of the Village shall apply.
(3) Issuance of Permit. If the certified inspector finds that the proposed building or repair or addition complies with all Village ordinances and the Uniform Dwelling Code, the inspector shall officially approve the application and a building permit shall be subsequently issued to the applicant. The issued building permit shall be posted in a conspicuous place at the building site. A copy of any issued building permit shall be kept on file with the Village Clerk.