1. ROLL CALL: was answered by President Stephen Anderson, Trustee Bill Walker, Trustee Peggy Russo, Trustee David Fritz, Trustee Kurt Glaisner, Trustee Peter Kingwill, and Trustee Christopher Noyes. Also present were Chris Lear, Village Manager; Bill Dineen, Village Attorney; Sgt Milton Mrozak, Police Department; Susan Draeger-Anderson, Library Director and multiple members of the Committee On the Environment.
2. CONSENT AGENDA:
Minutes of May 9, 2017 Village Board meeting
Motion by Kingwill/Noyes to approve. Motion carried unanimously.
3.PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA MATTERS
4. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
5. REPORT OF VILLAGE PRESIDENT
President Anderson reminded members of the Village of the event in September at the Lynden Sculpture Garden
6. REPORT OF VILLAGE MANAGER
Lear reported that revenue is at 95% for the year and expenses are at 49%
Lear suggested saving paper and money by having board packets accessible online instead of printed
Village representatives met with the DOT to go over plans for the reconstruction of the Green Tree Rd bridge over Hwy 43
7. REPORT OF THE RIVER HILLS POLICE DEPARTMENT
Sgt Mrozak reported that Officer Rick Wilhelm who has been with the department for over 20 years has recently been moved to second shift
Sgt Mrozak gave an update that he June 17th fatal crash it was concluded that there was no criminal wrong doing
8. REPORT OF RIVER HILLS FIRE DEPARTMENT
Trustee Kingwill reported that the Fire Departments and the union are currently in re-negotiations of their contracts – possible 2% increase
Due to this the village may not be able to apply for expenditure restraint from the state
9. REPORT ON NORTH SHORE LIBRARY FACILITY STUDY
Susan Draeger-Anderson (Library Director) gave an update on the remodeling over the past two years
Draeger-Anderson presented the suggestions by Himmel & Wilson – staying in the current building and possibly acquiring an additional 3,000 sq ft of the ground floor, reconfiguring the location of the checkout and conference rooms.
No action taken.
10. REPORT OF THE COMMITTEE ON THE ENVIRONMENT
Members from the COE presented their suggestions to proposed changes to Section 2.40 ordinance.
Sub-committee of Trustees Noyes and Russo created to contacting residents along the river and get their opinions about the proposed changes.
No action taken.
11. DISCUSSION REGARDING SEX OFFENDER RESTRICTION
City of Milwaukee to make model ordinance.
Motion by Fritz/Kingwill to layover item until the next board meeting. Motion carried unanimously.
12. DISCUSSION REGARDING US CELLULAR LEASE EXTENSION
Motion by Fritz/Kingwill to move item to closed session. Motion carried unanimously.
13. USM STORMWATER MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT
Village Engineer Mustafa Emir has signed off on the agreement.
Motion by Fritz/Russo to approve and authorize proper Village officials to execute the Agreement. Motion carried unanimously.
14. ORDINANCE NO. 529 TO AMEND CHAPTER 19 OF THE GENERAL ORDINANCES RELATED TO FOOD SAFETY AND LICENSING
Motion by Noyes/Kingwill to adopt the ordinance. Motion carried unanimously.
15. DISCUSSION REGARDING POLICE DEPT. PROMOTION
Motion by Kingwill/Russo to move item to closed session. Motion carried unanimously.
16. CLOSED SESSION PURSUANT TO SEC. 19.85(1)(c) CONSIDERING EMPLOYMENT, PROMOTION, COMPENSATION OR PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF ANY PUBLIC EMPLOYEE OVER WHICH THE GOVERNMENTAL BODY HAS JURISDICTION RELATED TO AGENDA ITEM 15 AND PURSUANT TO SEC 19.85(1)(e) WI STATUTES, DELIBERATING OR NEGOTIATING PUBLIC BUSINESS WHENEVER COMPETITIVE OR BARGAINING PERSONS REQUIRE A CLOSED SESSION RELATED TO AGENDA ITEM 12.
Motion by Kingwill/Russo to move to closed session. Motion carried unanimously.
17. RECONVENE TO OPEN SESSION TO TAKE ACTION ON ANY ITEM FROM CLOSED SESSION ACTION
Motion by Fritz/Kingwill to reconvene to open session. Motion carried unanimously.
No action was taken on the closed session agenda items.
Motion by Fritz/Kingwill to adjourn. Motion carried unanimously. The meeting adjourned at 9:00 p.m.